TERMS & CONDITIONS
While every effort is made to ensure that the content of this website is accurate, the website is provided “as is” and Distinctive Lighting Concepts Inc. makes no representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy or completeness of the information found on it.
In no event will Distinctive Lighting Concepts Inc. be liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential or special damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of profit, loss of contracts, goodwill, data, information, income, anticipated savings or business relationships, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damage, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Please be advised that we cannot ship any merchandise to PO Box addresses.
Truck Freight – Large & Oversized Items
Items shipped via truck freight are delivered to curbside or driveway only. Most carries will contact you to set up a delivery time, usually a 2 to 4-hour appointment window during business hours. As such, it is the customer’s responsibility to provide an accurate contact phone number for the delivery address. At the time of delivery, the driver will require that you inspect the condition of the shipment and sign the delivery receipt. Be sure to note on the receipt ALL visible damage to the packaging of your item(s). Noting the condition of the delivery is the responsibility of the customer not the driver. If the carrier is unable to contact the customer, the customer will then be responsible for any storage fees or freight charges back to the shipper. See our Return Policy section for full details.
A customer may choose to make a purchase placed online available for pickup at our store. If you wish to pick up your purchase, we will contact you via phone or email when your product is ready for your visit. Orders that are arranged to be picked up will be charged in full once the merchandise arrives at the showroom – not when it is picked up.
Shipping Lead Times
Distinctive Lighting Concepts Inc. strives to provide its customers with the most accurate information on product availability using the tools and resources made available by the manufacturers we represent. The lead times that are posted on the individual product pages are estimates only. These times are estimated based on the assumption that the item in question is currently in stock with the manufacturer and on the manufacturer’s typical speed at which orders are processed and shipped. If your purchase or project is time sensitive, it is strongly suggested that you contact a store associate at 905-984-8727 to inquire about expedited shipping services. Distinctive Lighting Concepts Inc. is not responsible for any costs associated with shipment delays. We strongly suggest that any professional services required to install your product(s) not be scheduled until your order has arrived and been inspected.
Your Satisfaction is our goal. At Distinctive Lighting Concepts Inc., we want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase, and exactly what you want. Our sincere goal is to provide an enjoyable shopping experience that encourages you to shop with us for years to come. On the occasion that you receive a product that you just don’t like or that doesn’t match your decor, our experienced customer service staff is just a phone call away and will guide you through our easy return policy. Customers who place orders online are responsible for the accuracy of their product selection and information entered. Customers who place orders by phone or in-store must review their receipt for accuracy within 24 hours.
Note: If your product has arrived damaged or doesn’t work properly, please refer to the “Damaged & Defective Goods Policy” below.
1. Acquire authorization and instructions: To begin the return process, please call online sales at 905.984.8727. In most cases we will email you a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number to return product along with return instructions.
2. Shipping product back: Ship the item to the warehouse address listed on the return authorization. Below are the keys to a successful return:
- Good Packaging: Re-pack products for return in the original box with original packaging material.
- Use the return label provided or your own label and write the RGA# exactly as instructed by our staff. Do not write on the box to maintain its like-new condition. Improper labeling may result in the denial of return.
- Ship & Insure: Next, ship the product to the warehouse address provided using a carrier that will provide both a tracking number as well as a signature that the item was confirmed delivered. Please do not ship USPS because they do not provide these guarantees. If we are unable to confirm delivery of your item, this may result in the denial of a refund.
- Tracking Number: We recommend using a carrier that will provide you with a return tracking number as this will speed up your return process. Retain your tracking number and email it to the issuing store associate so that we can check on the progress of your return. If you have not received credit within 14 days from the date of delivery to the warehouse, please contact our store and provide us with the tracking number so that we can expedite the credit process for you.
- You will have 7 days in which to return the product from the date that we receive approval from the manufacturer. After 7 days, the Return Authorization will expire, and no replacements or refunds will be given. If a return becomes damaged on its way back to the return destination, we will inform you via email or phone that the item was received damaged and hold the product for up to 15 days. It is the customer’s responsibility to file a claim with the shipping carrier and instruct us concerning what to do with the damaged product. If we have not received notification or response from the customer within 14 days, the item will be donated or destroyed.
3. Refunds: Once the returned item has been received and verified to have all original contents and packaging and confirmed to be free of damage, the refund credit process will begin. Customers will be refunded, less the restocking and freight charges, via the same method in which the item was purchased or via check from Distinctive Lighting Concepts Inc. Refunds via check are typically issued within 14 business days of final approval.
Items returned without the proper RGA# or sent to the wrong warehouse are subject to an automatic 50% restocking fee or complete forfeiture of your refund. If credit is to be given, it will be by store credit only. Please read your return instructions carefully to avoid delays and unnecessary expenses.
Please do not request a charge back from your credit card company during the return process. Due to the time it takes to resolve charge back disputes, it is usually better to be patient and wait for the return process to run its course. If a charge back has been submitted, we will not be able to credit you for your return until the charge back mediation process has been completed. This process can take up to 180 days.
Items Not Eligible for Returns/Credit Include:
- Special purchases, including clearance items, inventory sale items, etc.
- Any item that has been assembled, installed (including cut or clipped wires), modified or used in any way.
- Any item that is not in resalable condition.
- Any item not accompanied by a Return Goods Authorization Number (RGA#) issued by Distinctive Lighting Concepts Inc. Any item that is not in the original box with sufficient packaging materials.
- Large orders: (Orders containing 6 or more of a single item or orders with an invoice total greater than ,000). When ordering large quantities, we suggest ordering a sample for evaluation.
- Light bulbs, parts, and shades.
- Any item not purchased from Distinctive Lighting Concepts Inc.
- Shipping & handling charges.
Damaged & Defective Goods Policy
We understand that a product may get damaged in transit or, on occasion, there may be a manufacturer product defect. Rest assured, we will stand with you during this process and make sure we do everything we can to bring it to a satisfying and timely conclusion – at no expense to you. For us to offer this level of service, however, we need a little help from the customer in the form of a detailed product inspection immediately upon delivery. This will make things much easier if you decide to return the item.
Small Package Deliveries
For smaller UPS or FedEx deliveries that are damaged in transit, instead of refusing the package, please contact our store immediately. If damages are reported within 7 days for UPS or FedEx deliveries, we can file a claim on behalf of the customer and work to quickly resolve it. Please be aware that replacements or refunds can be hindered or denied if the customer fails to notify Distinctive Lighting Concepts Inc. of defective or damaged merchandise within two business days of receipt.
Large Package Deliveries
Immediate inspection is especially important when receiving large items (such as a chandelier, large pendant, or glass items) from common freight carriers. In this case, it is important to notate any damage on the bill of lading or receipt when you sign for the delivery, even if the package appears only slightly damaged. Customers who sign for delivery and do not notate “damage” assume responsibility if merchandise is damaged. If the product itself appears significantly damaged, you may refuse delivery. Please notify our store of refusal so we can anticipate the return and send out a new item. Distinctive Lighting Concepts Inc. will repair or replace the damaged or defective goods for no additional charge. If a return is desired instead of replacement, the “Standard Return Policy” above applies and there may be a restocking fee and our initial shipping and handling costs will be deducted from the credit. Failure to follow return procedure for the damaged item may result in a charge for the free replacement item. Returned items that are found to be in working condition or shipped as ordered may not be eligible for a refund. In such a case Distinctive Lighting Concepts Inc. will email you for your decision on whether to ship the item back to you at your expense or be refunded with a 50% restocking fee and store credit.
If you would like to cancel an order that has not shipped from our store or the manufacturer, simply contact one of our sales associates at 905-984-8727. Then, we will submit a request to the manufacturer for cancellation. Shortly after, you will receive an email acknowledging your cancellation request followed by another email either confirming the cancellation or stating that we were unable to cancel. Please allow up to 24 hours for confirmation of cancellation. Please be aware that some items may have already shipped from our store or the manufacturer and be in route for final delivery to you. In such a case, cancellation fees may apply. Once an order has already shipped, it cannot be cancelled, rerouted, or redirected. If you would like to return the item, you will need to follow the “Standard Return Policy”. Do not refuse the delivery of non-damaged goods as this will result in up to a 50% restocking fee. A delivery refusal may also result in the loss of your product and may void any possibility of a refund. You may also be charged for roundtrip shipping costs. Some items that are custom made or built-to-order cannot be cancelled.
Items on Backorder
If you are cancelling an order due to backorder, we recommend you first call our store to verify the accuracy of the date before making your final decision. There are times when manufacturers have stated items as backordered, only to find that they have already shipped or are going out the next day. On the other hand, if the item is truly unavailable for an extended period, we sincerely apologize for the delay. Please note that since a cancellation request is time sensitive, please do not email or leave voice messages regarding your intention as it may slow the process down. It is important that you get a hold of a store associate directly at 905-984-8727.